Saturday 5 May 2012

Identity

when i was born they gave me a name....
a word that i was supposed to know, a word i was supposed to get used to....
a word the world would be able to connect me to....
As time went by i met new people , new places where i had gone...
N all the new days that came along , it was my name that i had to stand upon....

But even now some times when i come across the old mirror....
It asks me the same old question....
"Who are you?  What is your identity?... "
If it would have been someone else i would have said my name...
If it would have been someone else i could have played the same old game....
But now as i stand before the mirror... 
Dont know why, its just so hard to give an answer....
Guess the one within just doesn't want to be a nine letter word....
Guess the one within still has a lot to uncurl....

My mirror is still a very friendly one though...
Never forgets to extend its hands for a world....
a world it always keeps in store for me to show....

As i flow along with him along the mystical river of time....
And every time when i try hard to look through the fog of confusion...
I seem to get caught in that enormous wave of memories from which i only want to flee...
N all those scenes , all those days just keep coming back to me...

Was I that kid who broke through a distorted childhood....
If i was the boy who learned playing with lines and points... the new kind of Robin hood!!
If i was the punished kid outside the class....
Or was i the one who longed to step outside....
If the sketches and cartoons were my only friends....
Or was it just another way to be with the trend....
Was i the one who asked why the sky was blue....
Or was i the one who didnt have what it took to see it through....
If i was the one who wanted to know why the world is the way it is....
Or was i the one who tried to flow with the popular wave there is...
If i was the one who loved taking photos of the days left by....
Or was i the one who couldn't control the outcomes....

Every single time i tried to make my own identity.... 
Its still hard to believe why i couldn't hold on to the one i wanted to be...
Even now some times when i come across my good old  mirror....
I still ask myself the same old question....
Who am I?... What is my identity?







No comments:

Post a Comment