Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lives, Lines, Worlds and Back

Few cups of coffee down, few more hours of the night left; me and my lonely set of inconsistent equations were trying hard to come to a realizable agreement...A few more pages of my useless scribbling could have convinced him but I guess at times its just fun to be a rude junky rather than a passionate nerd so i just left him hanging right there in the middle of the night......

And everytime i decide to ditch my studies in the middle of something in the reading room there's always two choices left; either go out and smoke (but my stack died an hour ago) or talk to a new stranger!
But this time, I decided to break this pattern and talk about it instead! 
And you see thats how you and I meet, just that there's a lonely little page that separates yours' world from mine but how does that matter, right? 
But the interesting part played by this page is that it beautifully adds up to the context. Just like you, a beautiful stranger (I sure hope, you are beautiful!) are reading me, there might be many others too and talking to strangers, making new friends (or may be making friendlier strangers) has been there with me for a very long time. Its like each time you meet a new person, you get to open up to a new world, a new set of ideas, newer ways of living and looking at life and I have always found it amazing. I may not of course remember my most interesting encounters with the most interesting strangers but that hardly matters because we aren't really trying to keep records here, are we? Its just a way of communication, more of making a better afferd of colouring the moments passing by....

I have always felt that our lives are like these wiggly, ever dancing, ever wandering lines that keep drawing themselves forward as time keeps flowing by. And as we meet new people my lonely old line and theirs' (not sure if theirs' lonely) interwine for a while, get tangled a bit and eventually part again... but the feeling truly is amazing.
I have always felt that all of us live in two different worlds, 'a world around us' which we share ;where we live and stay and do and run and then the second world; 'the world within us' which belongs to only us.. that contains our dreams, our hopes, our wishes, likes, dislikes and our perception. And everytime I meet new people and talk to them I get to know a li'l about their inner worlds and they get to know about mine. Its like two different inner worlds that come closer,  coalesce for a while and hence our individual lines dont just stay confined in a limited 2D space like before but they get to breathe free into a couple of newer dimensions....

Besides you guys have no clue of how many interesting strangers i have met throughout my life in reading rooms, bus stops, flights, air ports.... now I can obviously tell you stories about them but i guess its the anonymity of theirs and the confinement within their moments that makes the concept a lot more beautiful... and may be all of them will someday walk away into the fog of my distorted memories and some new ones will walk by to give me company but that doesnt mean that the ones walked away werent special in their own ways... 

Untill next time, i guess this lonely line of mine will take your leave now but i sure hope our lines will cross again on a random day on two opposite sides of  a random table of the IIT reading room! ;-)

-By a physics student who is struggling with diverging world lines ;-)

PS: I sure hope it wasnt way too weirdly philosophical but then again, I am a physics undergrad, i have my right to be philosophical and at times a little weird!! :D

2 comments:

  1. I hope the two diverging lines meet, get tangled and form a full circle in the near future :D

    btw, very well expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...
    N as for getting tangled, it was even way too late when i wrote it! :P
    The bitter truth of diverging lines.... :D

    ReplyDelete